Skip to main content

Would you buy a one-bathroom home?

Aspiring downsizer here. Potential new commuting requirements at work have me looking in an area where the townhomes are two-story with one full bathroom on the second floor. I can live with only one shower/tub, but I'd really like two toilets. I have kids, and I am also just aware of how fleeting mobility can be. Having to go upstairs to use a bathroom and/or only having one toilet feels like a problem waiting to happen. Would you immediately reject these? Should I resign myself to a longer commute to get 1.5 bathrooms? Or should I get a contractor to quote adding a half bath on the main floor? (I think it's possible if it goes in the laundry room with a stacked washer/dryer?) Please share experiences, good or bad, with a one-bathroom household.

submitted by /u/misfitmpls
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wt859r/would_you_buy_a_onebathroom_home/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Looking for Prospective Opportunities to Utilize Floor Plan Redraw Skills

"Hey HomeOwners & Investors , I have a team of 10 professionals who are trained in redrawing/redesign floor plans in both 2D and 3D interior& exterior using floorplanner.com/3ds Max and TruView point cloud. We're looking for prospective opportunities to utilize our skills. Are there any companies or individuals in need of accurate floor plans and measurement reports ? Any suggestions for where to start looking? Thanks in advance for your help!" submitted by /u/mangojuicelife [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/119uoh0/looking_for_prospective_opportunities_to_utilize/

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/