Skip to main content

warning about Biggins and Scott Brunswick

his is a general warning for people who use this agency to rent a property. I am going to share a disgusting experience that I had with the above agency.

I was new to the rental experience after a marriage breakdown so I answered a add on Real Estate .com and met a guy in Maribyrnong to look over a apartment .

He suggested he was not only going to be my roommate, but he also worked at the company in Brunswick. All looked good and myself and a lovely lady moved in to the apartment in late March. Everything was going well ,we were paying our rent and things were moving forward with 3 people coming from different age groups and different upbringings.

Then on the 25th of June out of nowhere 3 Breach Notices appeared on my email from my roommate but on Biggins and Scotts letterhead.

I was completely surprised and after trying to reason with the sender of these documents, I then decided I had to call his boss the Director of Biggin and Scott in Brunswick. David told me that he was "there to Help", Well nothing could be further from the truth , he did nothing to help, telling me this was a dispute between tenants and had nothing to do with him even though this guy was employed by his company.

I asked him to take control of this guy and get him to back off but he didn't do anything . The very next day a Notice to Vacate again on the companies letterhead turned up telling me I had 2 weeks to Vacate. Now I knew I didn't have to go , but his threating and disgusting emails and text messages and inappropriate material to not only me but also to my other roommate was making it untenable to stay and I was not getting any support from David was making it hard .

So I went up the line to Paul the CEO of Biggin and Scott and once again a lot of talk but no action all he was worried about was how it was going to effect the image of the company .

So after a meeting I had with David and it was admitted to me that all these Notices were fraudulent our roommate was fired from his position and hopefully he will never work in Real Estate again. So their problem was over but mine and my roommate was still ongoing and to underline their complete lack of concern Paul sent me a email that he was sending to David by mistake stating tell me when the employee had been sacked so i can tell "this guy" its got nothing to do with us.

That's coming from a CEO that shows absolutely no concern or remorse for what one of their employees had put us through .

He also stole property from me in the form of a high end road bicycle worth over 5K.

Once again, not their problem, hopefully the police can charge him and I can get my property back but I am unsure about that.

So , we both moved out with no support , care or concern for our wellbeing or what we were going to do to obtain another place to rent.

I asked them to take some some of reasonability for their employees actions and how someone with a history of getting the sack from other Real Estate companies could have landed in this job without a proper vetting process and then to be unleased on us, but one again silence from both David the Director and Paul the CEO showing exactly how much they were willing to help.

To prove how little they cared about his disgusting performance, his profile is still up on the Domain website for Biggins and Scott , showing that they don't really care about looking after their tenants or have no concern or control over what their employees are doing.

So, finally all I can say is be careful with this company and if you run into any issues don't expect any help from senior management, they might say the right things but in the end they will do nothing.

submitted by /u/wizzasixteen1622
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1fkfzia/warning_about_biggins_and_scott_brunswick/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

Obtaining a real estate license as a hobby?

Hello, I am 24 years old - 2 years out of college and I have my main job. I was looking to get a real estate license (in California if location matters) as a hobby/for fun since I like real estate ever since I was in high school. In the past 2 years, I would go to open house in the weekends to look at homes for fun. I don’t plan to practice real estate full time as I have my main job but I am curious are there any benefits to this? In the future, I plan to own multiple properties and have rentals, so I was wondering if getting a real estate license can help me with it? Thanks submitted by /u/AlohVera [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1f0qx9i/obtaining_a_real_estate_license_as_a_hobby/