Skip to main content

Selling my fathers home out neighbor is interested as is and it would be an all cash offer. First time selling.

I’m in the process of moving my family out of state to where I live. My family has been in their home for 34 years, the house was built in the 70s and it needs some upgrades. My family home is on a rare piece of property for the area (acre and a quarter of land). That being said, I don’t know how old the roof is, I don’t think the hvac units are super old, it needs all new flooring and in the past had termites but my dad had it treated.

I had some comps run and the agent stated 800k-1mil, realistically looking at 900-1mil.

We have a neighbor who stated they were interested in the home, it would be an all cash offer (we haven’t fully talked numbers yet).

I have never sold a house before, I don’t know what would be a realistic discount if any should be offered in case it does need a new roof and etc.

If anyone has any advice, tips, or tricks I’d love to hear it.

Would I just need to work with an attorney to get documents drawn up for this or would I still need an agent of some kind?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/catsplants420
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wter1k/selling_my_fathers_home_out_neighbor_is/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Looking for Prospective Opportunities to Utilize Floor Plan Redraw Skills

"Hey HomeOwners & Investors , I have a team of 10 professionals who are trained in redrawing/redesign floor plans in both 2D and 3D interior& exterior using floorplanner.com/3ds Max and TruView point cloud. We're looking for prospective opportunities to utilize our skills. Are there any companies or individuals in need of accurate floor plans and measurement reports ? Any suggestions for where to start looking? Thanks in advance for your help!" submitted by /u/mangojuicelife [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/119uoh0/looking_for_prospective_opportunities_to_utilize/

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/