Hi all! New to this particular sub and looking for a little guidance if anyone has the time and knowledge.
Ok!
A little back story...
Currently own a house, and am in the process of getting the house ready to list. It's an ok house for someone, that someone just wasn't me and my husband.
Found a house in the same neighborhood with the layout we want, and the things we want. House has some very obvious problems, and is owner/agent. She shared the punch list from a buyer who backed out, and some of the things are legitimate. She's addressing a few of the big, 'duh' things, but leaving most of them and basically selling as is. The things she is not addressing are:
She had the roof replaced, but didn't address issues with the built in box gutters, which is about 3k to repair (had a contractor determine this price). Two windows have glass sliding out of the panes, and they'll need to be removed and re glazed (house was built in 1921 and has original windows). Serious cracking on sidewalk near back porch and it is shifting in towards the porch (about 2k from contractor). There's an active leak from the kitchen somewhere (realtor and I found wet wood in the basement when we were there looking 🤣). The electrical panel will need to be updated (another 2ish thousand). Etc, etc.
The previous buyers backed out because she wasn't willing to address certain things, and because the sewer line on the city side was collapsed and they were freaked out first time buyers in a time crunch. Could be 2+ months for the sewer work.
Now...I'm NOT asking her to fix these things. But, given my current situation with my current house, I would need to do a contingent offer. Which, she's open to if she can accept other offers? How is that a thing that's ok to do? And how does she not see that...sure...someone might offer her asking without a contingency, and then find all this crap that should be fixed and ask for her to either fix them or credit them. And I'm over here like...just gotta sell my house, lady.
I realize there's also a risk with my house not selling in a timely manner (sort of), so I see where she's coming from to a degree. Just wondering if there's anything I can potentially do to make this seem a little sweeter for her? I really don't want to offer over asking because the house just is not worth that. Is that my only option? Any help here would be very appreciated!
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wmsu60/seller_wants_to_be_able_to_accept_other_offers/
Comments
Post a Comment