Skip to main content

Looking to sell - feel stuck

I know I’m probably beating a dead horse right now but the market has me genuinely spooked. Backstory - my wife and I purchased our first home in 2018, refinanced during COVID around 3%. The problem is our growing family. We want to move out of state and into a bigger house. We have two kids, I work from home and genuinely there isn’t enough room in our house anymore. We owe right around $200k on the house and comps in the area over the last year have gone anywhere from $390-$430K with prices starting to fall over the last few months. One of two things needs to happen: rates need to go down (not going to happen) or the market continues to fall because of high interest rates. Regardless, our home will never be worth as much as it is today or was yesterday. I want to get out ASAP and get the equity while I can. Is that a stupid way to think about it? Genuinely if we hadn’t outgrown our home, I would suck it up and stay because our mortgage payment is fantastic right now. My first instinct right now is to get the house on the market ASAP to get our equity, live with family for a few months and regroup and decide if we want to buy or rent (waiting to see if rates come down). Is anyone else in a similar boat and what is your thinking?

submitted by /u/NonVeganRibeye
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wthp2s/looking_to_sell_feel_stuck/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...