A relatively new friend, let's call her Nancy, is a realtor and agreed to help me find an apartment. We discussed my criteria, and she was initially enthusiastic, but her communications to me have been pretty sporadic. After a week she sent me some Zillow listings, and after I expressed interest in one, she tried to arrange a viewing. She was unable to arrange it and she told me to use Zillow’s “Apply Now” option.
I later sent her a Zillow listing I was interested in and asked whether I should apply myself or whether she would arrange a viewing. It’s now been two days with no response. It’s been about two weeks since I first contacted her, and I feel like I’ve made very little progress.
We never discussed whether she was my exclusive broker or how much she gets paid. No paperwork has been signed.
What should my expectations be here? How involved should a realtor typically be when helping find a rental? Should I be asking Nancy to set up Zillow appointments, or should I just apply on my own? Is it common to work with multiple brokers, or is it generally presumed that you work exclusively with one? Would it be inappropriate if I start working with another broker (without telling Nancy)? At this point, I feel like I need to do something different to make more progress, but maybe my expectations are out of whack.
I have some social anxiety and it will be difficult for me to broach this with Nancy.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wojwts/looking_for_some_perspectives_on_working_with_a/
Comments
Post a Comment