Skip to main content

Im worried about selling should I consider renting?

Hello, I (25m) have a house in TX, that i am cleaning and getting ready to put on the market at least that is the plan. It was a custom built pier and beam woth extra piers for extra foundation support built in 1959 for $25,000. I also do have the original floor plans. it sits on .5 acre in town.

It is 2350 sq ft with a garage, in town on half an acre. I bought it last year in 2025 for $197,000 on an FHA putting 3% down and having a 6.5 interest rate. I never homesteaded and pay $2136 monthly mortgage + escrow currently. It went up from $1845 last year. My electric rate also went up 4 cents from 7 to 11.

The previous owners had lots of kids and pets, so the walls were colored and painted on and looked horrible as the kids colored on the walls and some look like they painted on them too. the walls originally some worn out cream painted color. I repainted all the walls behr ultra pure white and they look new. I also replaced all the outlet cover panels to be new. I also brought the electrical back up to code and got a brand new electric meter & changed the location of the breaker panel to bring that back up to code. I have had the carpet & floors professionally cleaned. Also had leaks fixed when they occurred.

Now the problem is this is a very small town, with a population of 3500. Pros are they just opened 2 new bars and are building a massive data center not on city water(possible pro?) Also a plot of land that is on my block had a new house built and finally the tax assessment changed from their $15k plot of land to their $230k house. (2025 to 2026 assessment) Before that my house was the most expensive on the block.

However i see a house outside of town but still listed as in this town that is 2600 sq ft with 5 acres listed for $215,000. This worries me as I still owe a balance of $191,000 on this house and recently changed jobs taking a $70,000/year paycut. 160k>90k. I have 3k in the bank & am about to list this house. Do I need to consider renting it out, is that even a worthy thought? Or should I try the market? with only having 3k how will i need to go about closing costs?

submitted by /u/evanp36
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wowzik/im_worried_about_selling_should_i_consider_renting/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Looking for Prospective Opportunities to Utilize Floor Plan Redraw Skills

"Hey HomeOwners & Investors , I have a team of 10 professionals who are trained in redrawing/redesign floor plans in both 2D and 3D interior& exterior using floorplanner.com/3ds Max and TruView point cloud. We're looking for prospective opportunities to utilize our skills. Are there any companies or individuals in need of accurate floor plans and measurement reports ? Any suggestions for where to start looking? Thanks in advance for your help!" submitted by /u/mangojuicelife [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/119uoh0/looking_for_prospective_opportunities_to_utilize/

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/