Skip to main content

House sell advice

Hi and thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm looking into potentially selling our current home in GA, bought in 21 for 240k. Our current zestimate is around 350k, leaving a total equity of 140k on the absolute high end (we owe 210k on loan). We've lived in current house for 5 years, but have noticed that it isn't what we really need. We would like to downsize and potentially get some land. We have a few options in a comfortable price range, but to get there, we would like to sell the house as is.

My question is; would it be advisable to proceed with this? The equity would be used to clear debts, allow wife to be a SAHM, furnish new home, and give us a hefty safety net.

We've calculated on the extreme ends, even if we only get 320k from sale, we can make it work.

submitted by /u/BTSykes
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wr20w8/house_sell_advice/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Looking for Prospective Opportunities to Utilize Floor Plan Redraw Skills

"Hey HomeOwners & Investors , I have a team of 10 professionals who are trained in redrawing/redesign floor plans in both 2D and 3D interior& exterior using floorplanner.com/3ds Max and TruView point cloud. We're looking for prospective opportunities to utilize our skills. Are there any companies or individuals in need of accurate floor plans and measurement reports ? Any suggestions for where to start looking? Thanks in advance for your help!" submitted by /u/mangojuicelife [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/119uoh0/looking_for_prospective_opportunities_to_utilize/

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/