If I keep getting cold calls regarding a house I previously owned and/or an adjacent house, should I just hang up or forward the call.
Regarding the first house: in the year 2020 I sold a house. It was my primary residence for years and my parent's house. When I sold the house it was in poor condition. The new owners have done substantial remodeling, and apparently are still doing work. It is probably now the best house in the neighborhood when it was previously not the worst but may be third or fourth worse.
Every two or three months now I have been getting cold calls from realtors asking me whether they want to sell the house, saying that they have a client that is moving into the area. or that they have a client that just drove by and loved the house. Is it best that I ignore these calls, or should I forward the contact information of the new owner? I don't want to be rude by annoying them or invading their privacy. Or even stirring up.a hornet's next by making them mad and ending up getting sued for some problem in the old house that they initially consider unimportant, but now decide to get back at me because of the forwarding of the information. Would trying to ask for a "finders fee" be inappropriate?
Regarding the second house, for some reason I also keep getting calls regarding a house I never owned that is in the same neighborhood. Should I return those calls? In this second case these two houses have an Assessor's Parcel Number differing in only one digit in which a 5 is replaced by a 6. [Shouldn't APN's have a check digit?]
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1v5lbrl/if_i_keep_getting_cold_calls_regarding_a_house_i/
Comments
Post a Comment