Skip to main content

I live in Maryland and changed my mind about a duplex.

I signed a lease this Thursday. Saturday night was the first time I went there after dark and I saw a insect leg on the stove. I check behind stove and fridge and there are roaches. I made the mistake of not taking pictures. But there weren't a lot a couple of big ones and very small ones that scattered.

I was told there has not been pest in this duplex and I feel lied to. Looks like they scrubbed evidence for a the walk through. Do I have recourse to just not move as my current landlord says I can stay longer. I have only moved a few items last night but put them in the outside storage.

I work tons of hours and don't have the energy to battle and put up with roaches as soon as I move in. I don't care about the deposit and prorated rent. They can have it.

submitted by /u/ThePurpleAmerica
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1v738mc/i_live_in_maryland_and_changed_my_mind_about_a/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...