Skip to main content

Amazing Deals NO Money to make it happen.

I’m in a frustrating situation and wanted to get some outside opinions.

I’m the treasurer of a small condo complex that I also own a unit in. Since joining the board, I’ve helped restore the financial health of the HOA and significantly improve the appearance of the property.

Because I know the complex inside and out, I’ve been offered several opportunities to buy units at prices well below their appraised values:

One owner wants to sell me her unit for $70,000, even though it appraised around $107,000.

Another board member was willing to sell me multiple units for $350,000, with a combined estimated value of $450,000–$500,000.

There’s also a unit headed toward foreclosure that could potentially be purchased for around $40,000, despite being worth roughly $100,000.

In a best-case scenario, I could end up buying 8 units for about $460,000 that are collectively worth around $650,000–$700,000. About half are already rented, most need little to no renovation, and projected cash flow would be roughly $300 per unit per month once fully occupied.

The problem is financing.

The condo complex is considered non-warrantable, which limits financing options. I was pursuing DSCR loans, but my credit dropped from about 650 to 600 after I accidentally let a vet bill go unpaid for several months. That one issue effectively ended my financing options.

I also don't have the typical 25% down payment. My original plan relied on a gift of equity from one of the sellers (who has been something of a mentor to me). That structure had initially been approved through another financing path, but DSCR lenders wouldn't accept it.

I have around $50,000 in equity in my current condo, but with my credit where it is, I don't qualify for a refinance or HELOC.

I could probably wait a month or two for my credit to recover, but I honestly think these opportunities will be gone by then, either bought by investors or wholesalers.

Has anyone dealt with a situation like this? Are there financing options or creative structures I may be overlooking, or is this simply a case of having to let an opportunity pass because the timing doesn't line up?

submitted by /u/Ryphly
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1v86ywh/amazing_deals_no_money_to_make_it_happen/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

Looking for Prospective Opportunities to Utilize Floor Plan Redraw Skills

"Hey HomeOwners & Investors , I have a team of 10 professionals who are trained in redrawing/redesign floor plans in both 2D and 3D interior& exterior using floorplanner.com/3ds Max and TruView point cloud. We're looking for prospective opportunities to utilize our skills. Are there any companies or individuals in need of accurate floor plans and measurement reports ? Any suggestions for where to start looking? Thanks in advance for your help!" submitted by /u/mangojuicelife [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/119uoh0/looking_for_prospective_opportunities_to_utilize/