Hi everyone,
I bought a single-family home some years ago (2,200 sq ft, 4 bed/2 bath + bonus room) in Metro Detroit with cash. My original plan was for this to be my forever home, but unexpected circumstances mean I’m relocating to Chicago, where I plan to buy another house with cash as well.
I’ve been researching the pros and cons of renting, but given that I’ll be out of state, I’d love to get some real-world perspectives on a few questions:
1. Sell vs. Rent: Given that I have full equity in the house, does it make more financial and practical sense to sell or hold it as a rental?
2. Out-of-State Landlord & Property Management: As a first-time landlord living in another state, is hiring a property management company a non-negotiable? What should I expect cost/hassle-wise?
3. Single-Family Maintenance: I’ve heard mixed stories about renting out SFHs due to ongoing maintenance demands compared to multi-family units or condos. Has this been your experience?
Thanks in advance for any insights or advice!
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1v78wgf/advice_needed_rent_out_or_sell_my_singlefamily/
Comments
Post a Comment