Skip to main content

Would you turn this into a bedroom ?

I have a relatively large half-duplex with about 1,450 square feet of living space. The main issue is that it only has two bedrooms on the second floor, which leaves me with a very large [living room](https://imgur.com/a/Kwmr47d) and kitchen. There is also an [additional room/den](https://imgur.com/a/gzJpr2R) directly off the living room that has its own exit to the back patio.

I’m considering enclosing that area and turning it into a legal third bedroom. It meets all of the requirements for a bedroom; I’m just not sure whether it makes sense given that the room also provides access to the back patio.

The alternative would be to keep it as a two-bedroom and advertise the additional room as an office/study or bonus room. My thought is that a true three-bedroom would obviously command higher rent and potentially appeal to a larger pool of tenants.

What do you think makes more sense? I’m open to other ideas as well.

submitted by /u/no-look-passing
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wyradh/would_you_turn_this_into_a_bedroom/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...