Skip to main content

What's Up With This Agent?

I listed my house for sale in June. Listing contract ran from 060126 through 093026.

Personally, I thought my realtor was terrible. The amount she said to list the home at was too high $345k, when new construction homes are going for $340k. My house is only 10 years old, well maintained and looks new. Neutral interior. Prior to sell I replaced roof with class IV architectural shingles, replaced the AC unit and had exterior of house repainted. She did not list any of these items in the listing. My home insurance dropped 50% because of the new roof. We had minimal showings.

She used AI enhanced photos (fake fire in the fireplace, exterior shot at night). The photos looked grainy and were not flaterring.

In August she called and we discussed status. I told her I know the market is not great. We will leave price (as is) and let listing expire. I will either relist in the spring OR rent the house out. A few weeks later she sends me a docusign document to terminate the listing in august???? I emailed her back and said the listing agreement expires end of September- no reply from her. I felt like she wanted me to cancel the listing so she could get paid for photos or marketing costs?

On October 4th she calls and says she has a showing lined up??? I declined and told her my understanding is the listing expired end of September and I had a family member who just returned home from the hospital. Why would she do this when the listing is expired and we have no contractual agreement?

Her sign is still in my front yard and she has not taken the lock box off the door. This is my third home I've owned. Her behavior is weird. Advice.

submitted by /u/Dry_Studio_2114
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wz0xsh/whats_up_with_this_agent/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...