Skip to main content

Showings vs offers in current market?

We are on the market as sellers for the first time outside of Covid craze and I'm trying to get a better idea of where we stand with our house.

We are in a MCOL area, we listed this past sunday for $300k (been on the market about 2.5 days right now). We've had 4 showings already, and a 5th scheduled tomorrow.

We also recieved an offer from the 2nd showing, though it isn't exactly what we wanted. They originally said no wiggle room, we declined, they offered again and found $7k of wiggle room. We are now only off of what we want by about $5k and are making a counteroffer to try and get that to around $2k.

From the other 3 showings, 1 provided no feedback, the other two said it showed well and is priced right but not interested for various reasons (walkout is in the basement instead of main floor, room size is slightly smaller than wanted, etc.).

My biggest question is given all that information how do we stand in the current market conditions? I was nervous heading in with the current rates and know it isn't covid get 4 offers the first day times anymore. So wanted more insight if things look postive based on this, if we are getting a healthy amount of showings and if it's a concern to only have 1 of 5 offer (personally I still feel it's good but I could be off base).

I'm just wondering if fighting for 1% more is potentially costing us a chance to close quick and close close to full price vs waiting and the house sitting and therefore getting lower offers? However, we haven't had a real weekend for traffic either, so that may work in our favor. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/LOP5131
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wzhcfp/showings_vs_offers_in_current_market/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...