Skip to main content

Realtors on social media are coming off desperate

Now look, I’m not trying to disrespect or discredit the hard work that a lot of realtors do, but realtors on TikTok,instagram,etc. are coming off desperate. They know that things are bad and that houses are getting harder to afford, but their energy gives off the feeling of “please buy a house off of me!!! I’m struggling!!! Pretty please!!! I need a commission!!!” And they’re resorting to misleading,underhanded tactics to do so.

One tactic they use that I don’t respect is “here’s what (intentionally low down payment amount) can get you in (insert city). it’s misleading. They know that the low down payment is for those who qualify and they mention potential closing costs (and I know some of you will say the seller can cover the closing costs, but it’s not guaranteed, especially with how greedy boomers are getting when they sell).

Another tactic I don’t respect is when they show a chart of interest rates throughout different decades and say “you shouldn’t wait for rates to go down” knowing damn well that the main problem is that houses are ridiculously overpriced and interest rates aren’t the entire equation.

Then they’ll go on to show an abandoned crackhouse in Compton for 600k and call it a “gem” and say “it just needs a little work.” Sorry, I don’t wanna pay over half a million to wake up to gunshots. It just comes off desperate.

The realtors I respect are the ones that are transparent. I get the job is basically selling water to a fish, but If someone can’t afford it, don’t be desperate just to try to make commission. I get that social media is a helpful tool to advertise yourself as a realtor, but don’t act like people are stupid. It literally takes them searching on their phones to clarify if you’re bullshitting them.

submitted by /u/Eastern-Western7072
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1ww9llk/realtors_on_social_media_are_coming_off_desperate/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...