Skip to main content

Am I behind if I don’t find my forever home until around 40?

I bought my first home in 2020 when rates were amazing, and I was lucky enough to lock in a very low rate. We always thought it would be our starter home and that we’d move after 5 to 7 years. I actually could see myself staying longer because I liked the house and location, but unfortunately our neighbors have made that really difficult. The neighbor who originally lived next door was great, but she eventually rented to tenants who have been extremely difficult and disrespectful. We’ve had a lot of back and forth with them over the years and have genuinely tried to communicate and find compromises, but it hasn’t really gone anywhere. Unfortunately, the tenants and their landlord have both been pretty disrespectful throughout the process. I’ve literally never complained about a neighbor before, and this has been a nightmare.

I’m 35 now and realistically may not be able to move for another 3 to 6 years because of how expensive housing has become. That means I might not get into a home I truly love until I’m around 40. For some reason, that makes me feel really behind in life, even though I know that probably sounds silly. For those of you who bought your second or forever home later in life, did it feel worth the wait? I’d really love some reassurance that starting over with a home I actually love around 40 isn’t too late.

submitted by /u/cynnie93
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wwsjbp/am_i_behind_if_i_dont_find_my_forever_home_until/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...