Skip to main content

Agent gossiping about a buyer to a different buyer

I referred a friend to a buyers agent i know in a different state where I’m not licensed. He looked at a few houses and was really interested in one that the agent had listed. He saw it a few times and ended up not making a move.

Just randomly today friend and I were chatting and i asked if the place had sold/what happened. He tells me what it sold for and then launches into this whole story about the woman who bought it including graphic details of the abusive relationship she was leaving, where she was from and when she was moving/why etc etc.

I was taken aback and said “oh did she just have a lot of stuff on social media or something?” And he said no— that the realtor I referred him to told him ALL about this buyer. He was happy that the house went to someone nice who was starting over etc etc.

I was shocked at how unprofessional sharing this is. It’s also frankly unsafe as the woman is living alone in a city with a high crime rate in a one story home. My friend is not a threat but he very much could be. He’s not even involved in this transaction. Further the agent did not represent this buyer— she was representing the seller— so I’m absolutely sure she didn’t have permission to share this personal information. It would have been very easy to say “we got a great offer from someone who really loves it!” End of story.

I’m wondering if i should mention this to the agent and if so, how. I’m not going to be referring anyone else to her. Or do you think I’m overreacting? I know you want to build rapport and some relationships get very friendly, but this seems like way TMI.

submitted by /u/Zestyclose_Cold1455
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wzecft/agent_gossiping_about_a_buyer_to_a_different_buyer/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...