I'm under contract to buy a house, past all contingency periods at this point. I realized very late in the process that the house is only legally a 3 bedroom house when it was listed as 4br on both the MLS listing and zillow. I also just figured out through the inspection, subsequent electrical work (paid for by the seller), and calling the power utility, that the house is 100 amp service, not 200 amp which was explicitly listed in the MLS listing.
When I found out the bedroom discrepancy, the seller didn't want to negotiate down on that. When I found out the amperage, I got a quote from the same electrician they used to upgrade the panel and service entrance to the house, and I got a quote from the power utility which requires that the homeowner pay for the labor to upgrade the overhead wire to the house. My realtor provided both quotes to the seller, asking them to contribute the cost toward our closing costs. The sellers agree to pay for the private electrician (about half the cost), but not the public utility work. It's not a huge cost, but I want the seller to cover it because that's what I thought I was buying.
TLDR - the number of bedrooms and the amperage of the electrical service was wrong in the listing.
Is there any legal recourse for false information in the listing?
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wgjenq/incorrect_info_in_listing/
Comments
Post a Comment