So we own a 2B1b house in the best parts of my Indianapolis neighborhood. Homes priced right go within days.
I looked at a house today. Was priced 360k and 9 days on market has dropped to 350k .Built 1960. Its a larger house than mine. Placed in the school districts we want. Was recently sold in 2022 for 290k. No updates from this owner. Also master bedroom smells atrocious of dog or cat piss. Smell has permeated around whole house. But stronger in bedrooms.
AC about 18yrs
WH about 10yrs
Roof about 15yrs
Kitchen needs remodel
Flooring looks new. Done by a DIYer that has failed. Gaps everywhere and some raised uneven connections. Unsure of subfloor condition.
My plan is to place an offer on a house with the contingency that I sell my house first.
Both my lender and realtor are pressuring towards bridging the loan instead of contingency offer.
Also, instead of just asking for a discount on the house to do these repairs. My realtor is pressuring instead, ask for an allowance to repair.
If I plan to do contingency that I sell my house first. I'm going to have a chunk of cash after putting twenty percent down for down payment on the home.
The only benefit I see in taking the credit allowance is for my realtor to maintain selling the house at full asking price.
Is it wise of someone to low ball the house (im thinking 320k) if I have the money to repair. Also noting the age/condition of all appliances, roof, floor. Instead of taking allowance?
Is it fair to think that I can just ask for discounts on the house as opposed to asking for allowance/credits?
I feel like allowance. Lender and realtor profit.
I feel like discount. Buyer saves on money that seller would approve in negotiations anyway?
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1wfkv2e/buying_and_selling_advice/
Comments
Post a Comment