Skip to main content

what does it mean when a realtor says that the buyer wants "control and power" ??

Has anybody used this term before?

There is a property I REALLY want for the land value (it's a teardown in my opinion) and I missed out during the bidding stage because of a death in the family and I got REALLY bad negotiation advice. I am actually now working with the brokers that have the selling. The property is in contract because the buyers agreed to letting them keep the listing for the summer (as opposed to me wanting them out in 14 days).

After a frustrating summer with no movement in the area, I approached my realtor and asked is there a way to get them to release the contract if I bought out each side at say $1M a piece. At first she said no way but then she spoke to her boss, the owner of the agency and they think it's possible. I told my realtor frankly that I am willing to pay more than the list price to get this property and I picked $1M each because it's a round number but I could potentially go up in that fee but do you know anything about the buyers, because what if they aren't motivated by money (I know the sellers would be because it's an old WASP family and they are splitting it between several family members so $1M split is still a significant amount of money).

Then I asked if you know anything about the buyer and she said I do it's somebody with deep pockets and they think they want the property for 'control and power'. I asked for more info and she shut down saying I shouldn't have even said that. I have a good amount of money but I am not a billionaire and I do know the neighbor is a billionaire, so it made me wonder if it's the neighbor trying to buy more land, which would make sense as to why they were okay with giving them the summer season to enjoy the property.

So has anybody ever heard this term before and can decipher what it means? To me it seems like money isn't motivating here and it would be folly to get excited about this. Thank you for your help!

submitted by /u/jeremiadOtiose
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1vyzf3s/what_does_it_mean_when_a_realtor_says_that_the/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...