Skip to main content

We almost got stuck with a property with an open Code enforcement, and possible water issue

My wife found some property(9600sq ft) that was clear cut and looked to be ready for building a house on it, for 85k.

When we did a check on the parcel it had a possible issue that just said "Water". We got with the sellers agent and we were told that all violations had been taken care of and there was nothing open currently. My wife decided to work with the seller on getting a deal in place. She wanted to get more information on the water issue and she was able to work out a deal in that we could get the property looked at for a septic system and any other issue that may stop us from building a house on the property.

My wife paid a 2k holding fee and a time frame to do the needed evaluation of the property.

We found out that to get a septic system installed we would need to do a two season review of the property as the area is known to to have high water table and its also near a lake.

The property owners, have had the land for about 5 years and they clear cut the land to build, and I believe they came to find out that they were not going to be able to. I also believed they cleared the land without the needed permits and we were actually told, by the agent, they(owners) took care of all their violations. The agent even asked my wife to change the agreement to reflect this, she did not.

Well yesterday, after talking to the county, we found out that the owners still have an open Code enforcement case, and they have not responded too.

After learning about this, we have pulled out of the agreement to purchase the land.

Hopefully, we should be able to get our money returned to us, since they were not honest with us about the property, im not even sure the owners agent knew about the open case. Regardless, we would have never started the process if we had known the property had issues.

Now, my wife figured it would be easier to buy property with a house already built on it then get one built.

I

submitted by /u/theboz14
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1vlqqqp/we_almost_got_stuck_with_a_property_with_an_open/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Looking for Prospective Opportunities to Utilize Floor Plan Redraw Skills

"Hey HomeOwners & Investors , I have a team of 10 professionals who are trained in redrawing/redesign floor plans in both 2D and 3D interior& exterior using floorplanner.com/3ds Max and TruView point cloud. We're looking for prospective opportunities to utilize our skills. Are there any companies or individuals in need of accurate floor plans and measurement reports ? Any suggestions for where to start looking? Thanks in advance for your help!" submitted by /u/mangojuicelife [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/119uoh0/looking_for_prospective_opportunities_to_utilize/

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/