Wife is looking for a commercial property to buy to grow her business. Found the "perfect" listing herself while driving by, called her realtor that couldn't show it to her at that time. She then called the listing agent which was happy to show it to us a couple times now and ever sense then we've been doing everything, questions, showings etc. through the listing agent. Our realtor basically bowed out of the whole thing and isn't involved now.
Q: We want to buy and now I'm kind of confused, we are going to write up an offer with the listing agent? I know agents aren't "fiduciaries" but I've definitely had agents on my side help me in my interest before.
Q: Could I conceivably reduce agent fees to 1~2%? $3750~7500? We have had several legal questions concerning right of ways and suitability (ADA concerns etc) that we, on our own, sought independent council from multiple parties. Agent's really done nothing more than show up and open the door for us.
Commercial property & building is in a small town in South Carolina US, listed for about three months, no prior offers. Listing $399k and we are thinking of offering $375 I think. This will be a cash sale, no lender or lenders requirements.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1vlphq4/somehow_wound_up_with_one_agent_bad_idea/
Comments
Post a Comment