Skip to main content

No credits for things found in inspection - but found mold [NY]

I'm the seller, we are trying to move ASAP and accepted an offer for 345k on a 360k list price. Its a huge old house, but well maintained. Had the main part of the roof replaced last year, never really was in the attic, just knew we had a leak. Basically 345k is as low as we felt comfortable selling at as we are trying to buy another place for 330, we've only been at this house for 3 years but factor in us buying it for 325k and roof + appliances + painting we are into this house for over 355k easy.

We have been jerked around on stuff in the past selling in other states(pool equipment with tiny leaks claiming they needed fully replaced for thousands).

We had countered this 345k offer at 350k and the buyer said no he knows it needs more roof work(we did the top, but its a huge house with a lot of gabling etc). So we said ok, 345k but no credits after the inspection, you can walk if theres a major issue.

This isn't like huge amount of fuzzy mold because I would have noticed that, its a 150 year old house and did have a bad roof, maybe some ventilation could be improved, I haven't seen the report. Even the house we are trying to move to has some mold in the attic, its a very common thing here, personally I was just going to spray it down and fix the venting in the new house - would probably do the same if we stay here(assuming it isn't a ton of mold)

We had mostly said no credits because we didn't want to be replacing the 25 year old water heater "just because its old" or fixing some broken blinds. If the house was perfect it would be like 450k you know.

No idea how the buyer is feeling about the mold, I just know that my realtor said he got the inspection done and there was something said about mold, will hear what they say later.

This is in a very slow market and basically would prevent us from being able to move to the house we'd want. We would take the home off the market.

I'm just trying to prep myself for if they say they want to walk away. Of course I'd want my agent to remind them that they're already getting $5000 of credits from our point of view. But if that doesn't work is there a reasonable amount to offer? Just posting here so I'm mentally prepared.

submitted by /u/ghdana
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1vy2ymw/no_credits_for_things_found_in_inspection_but/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...