I inherited a property in an in-demand county in Colorado but there are a few issues. The property has a dilapidated 1960's single wide mobile home. There are several roof leaks that were never fixed and caused pretty extensive damage to the ceiling, ceiling tiles, carpet etc., the bathroom is a total wreck. It's in un-livable condition (for most). It also has an addition (small bedroom) built on the side. The garage is stick built but is also dilapidated. I'm guessing it's highly likely that it also has asbestos.
I don't have the time, money, or energy to clear the trailer or junk off the property. I'm considering going with a cash offer from one of those types of companies that buy in as-is condition. Does anyone have any advice? I really want this out of my life honestly. I also don't want to feel like I got totally scammed afterwards. I do realistically see that it's going to be a lot of work to get the lot cleared and a new home placed there or built.
I'm having the land and utilities professionally appraised per probate / IRS requirements, but I'm not expecting to get fair market value in the end. Any advice would be appreciated.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1w0gxpv/inherited_a_dilapidated_property_any_advice/
Comments
Post a Comment