Skip to main content

I bought a new construction house last October. I've been in hell since buying this house. I want to post a negative zillow/google review for the listing agent, but I know this will kick off a firestorm.

The house has had nonstop issues and and I literally spend 40 hours a week on it now. I assume at some point the issues will start fading but that has not happened yet. The house has grading issues where there is pooling and flooding in certain areas. This was a big concern during negotiations and the solution was a 1 year landscaper warranty, plus a backstop warranty to address it if the landscaper did not. The agent told me their plans to start filling with dirt in the spring, and how it would be ongoing until the issue is resolved and should expect at least 5 or 6 visits from them with fill dirt.

Any way ... this never happened. Requests in the spring went no where. He works for the Real Estate developer who signed the warranty so that is why I am still dealing with him. But he pretends now all our conversations never took place about the work being done in the Spring. And I get it, he is a salesman and just said the words needed to make sure the deal closed. And I might take legal action but it is time consuming and expensive.

So for now I am left with posting a 1 star zillow and google review for him, which I know will set him off, but this is exactly why I am doing it. It is the only lever I have to pull now after a year of dealing with all these clowns to fix the mountain of never ending defects in this house.

submitted by /u/MyAccount2024
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1w1pf9x/i_bought_a_new_construction_house_last_october/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...