I live in a judicial foreclosure state (Louisville, KY). I have a neighbor who has been causing a lot of disruption and recently found out he is involved in a foreclosure case. Here is what I have learned about it so far from other neighbors and looking at the public records I can find online.
- His mother was in the house before and died last year. He now occupies the house.
- A lis pendens was filed by JP Morgan Chase in Florida in December. I guess it was originally against her estate and unknown heirs, but this neighbor currently living in the house was added by name in an amended lis pendens in March.
- I called the courthouse to ask about it, and all they could really add over the phone was that there are warning order attorney's involved and multiple cross claims.
- I didn't realize on Courtnet you can search by case. I learned today that this neighbor is listed "individually and as a cross-defendent." Louisville Metro is also listed as a cross-defendent.
I'm wondering if there is anything else anyone could infer from this about the timeline I'm looking at for some kind of resolution here. I am kind of bracing for the worst from what I've read that this guy will be in the house for years before there is some kind of forced sale.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1vgiwtu/foreclosure_question_for_someone_near_me/
Comments
Post a Comment