Skip to main content

Do you take breaks after just missing out on a really good home?

My fiancée and I have been looking for our first home for a little over a year now and I think we have both finally reached our limit of burnout. We bounced around open houses before finally getting an agent and lender and getting serious. For awhile we were figuring out what our range and must haves were and while tiring, we kept at it.

Finally we found a house that was within our range in a really good area and for the first time, felt we had a serious shot at it. We made our first offer which was both exciting and down right terrifying, but really felt good about it. Sure enough, we were just outbid from our comfortable max range and left with nothing after all that emotional energy was put in. I know this happens all the time and we’re far from unique, but it feels we both need a reset. Main question is how often do you takes breaks to balance avoiding burnout, but also not often enough that you miss another opportunity. I’m not sure how long it’ll take as this is all a big first, but looking at new listings is the the last thing we want to do right now and it all feels incredibly frustrating

submitted by /u/DisasterNo9394
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1vskqho/do_you_take_breaks_after_just_missing_out_on_a/

Comments