Skip to main content

Spent a Week Sourcing Units for a Buyer — Deal Didn’t Close, But the Lessons Were Real

Spent a Week Sourcing Units for a Buyer — Deal Didn’t Close, But the Lessons Were Real

I came very close to closing my first real estate deal this week, and honestly, it stings a bit. I spent almost an entire week on it including weekends. Tracking down available units, reaching out to owners directly, understanding their expectations, and trying to structure something that made sense for everyone involved. Things were moving in the right direction until the final price negotiations, where it ultimately fell apart.

Not going to lie, it was frustrating. But at the same time, this is exactly how the business works. Deals don’t fail because of lack of effort; they fail because numbers, timing, or expectations don’t align. That’s part of the game, especially early on.

The upside? I learned more from this one almost-deal than I would have from an easy close. Better negotiation awareness, clearer qualification, and understanding. Insha Allah, on to the next one wiser, sharper.

Ps - somewhere in my heart says "this is it, it's your first deal" :-(

submitted by /u/Abdu_kun07
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1pyhr0g/spent_a_week_sourcing_units_for_a_buyer_deal/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...