Skip to main content

Forgoing buyers agent for off-market purchase?

My husband and I are first time homebuyers. We haven't signed with a buyers agent yet as we planned to purchase our first home in spring 2026. We just heard through a family friend that a house in the area we're wanting to purchase is for sale off-market. Based on our research, the price is great and cheaper than the numbers we have been seeing lately. Apparently the owners are moving across the country and have the caveat that they'd like to sell now and then rent the property until they are ready for the move. This would be perfect for my husband and I, as we think the price sounds great, and then we could remain in our apartment until our lease is up in the spring.

We know the area fairly well, it has a great school system, and we have family who lives in town already who can also advise on questions we have about the town. We are located in the tri state area, so the market is still very hot and we don't want to pass on a seemingly great deal.

Our big question is, if we still get an inspection and real estate attorney, do we need to get a buyers agent at this point? Anyone here have experience forgoing a buyers agent when purchasing off-market?

submitted by /u/kbkat
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1ps4xfm/forgoing_buyers_agent_for_offmarket_purchase/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...