Skip to main content

Self-Represented Qualified Buyer: Listing Agent Lowering Price on Target Home While Refusing to Show

Hey all, I live in Georgia and I'm looking to buy a home. My background is in Finance and Accounting so I feel comfortable shopping Self-Represented and have been researching the process and industry intensively. I'm Pre-Qualified and have the assets to purchase the home cash even if I wasn't, and I have been letting listing agents know.

Most of the listing agents I've worked with have been willing to show me whatever home I want. Theres one agent who has ignored my calls and texts about a property, but the list price of the home was just cut again.

As a fiduciary to the seller, the listing agent is currently acting in bad faith, correct? I understand very few people are buying homes and refusing to show a qualified buyer a home before cutting the price seems like a very cut-and-dry failure to uphold his fiduciary duty. I currently intend to give him until the end of the day to reach out to me for a tour before messaging him to remind him of this duty, and will request the contact of his broker and MLS service to ask them some questions.

Does this seem like the right course of action? I don't want to burn any bridges with this gentleman, but the home is also a very strong investment for my situation, so I would really like to make this work.

Any thoughts are appreciated, thank you!

submitted by /u/Hikalu
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1o23krg/selfrepresented_qualified_buyer_listing_agent/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...