Skip to main content

Selling in a hot market (Long Island- Nassau County)

I just bought the house next door to me in PA. I have a house in Nassau County, South Shore, that my mom is living in. It's a 1500 sq ft 3 bed/2.5 bath split with an apartment that my mom lives in (bedroom with a small kitchen and full bath). I redid the roof around 20 years ago, siding, floors in the kitchen, new sink, stove, pulled up the green carpet that was there, painted. The house needs work. When Sandy happened, I ripped out the drywall but didn't refinish the basement again since I had just done this before Sandy happened.

I had thought about selling before. The realtor wanted me to put in 150k and redo everything, new kitchen and bath, paint, pull up the carpet. I don't want to put this kind of money in. Then, the realtor said she had an investor and offered me a really low ball offer, like half of what the house was worth. I felt taken advantage of and it wasn't a good experience.

The "Zestimate" is 750k.

Would you spend the money renovating a house just to sell it, or would you sell it as is? Should I consider FSBO since it's such a hot market? I don't "need" to sell, so there's no fire under me. I would like to though.

submitted by /u/bidextralhammer
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1ku7lti/selling_in_a_hot_market_long_island_nassau_county/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...