Skip to main content

Washer, included in our buyers agreement, flooded the basement in the first cycle.

Hi there! We just moved into our new house, and like the title states, the washer and dryer were included as appliances in our buyers agreement, but I just ran the first load in the washer and now our basement has a bunch of soapy water pooled.

I'm not freaking out or anything, our basement is unfinished and we actually have a washer that we kept from our old apartment, just in case (a smart choice, apparently). However, I would have told the buyers to get rid of it before closing had I known it was broken. Is there anything I can do, or do I just need to fix it or get rid of it myself? I don't know if it makes a difference, but we are in Maine.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/cyanide_girl
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1jexrmw/washer_included_in_our_buyers_agreement_flooded/

Comments