Skip to main content

Haven't received lease yet and it's been 3 weeks.

Hi all, we viewed a house to rent from a private landlord about three weeks ago, and applied that night and were told we were approved. He said to expect the lease around a week or so, and move in won't be until May/June. We have not received it yet but I have been in touch a few times to ask a few questions, and was told he's just been a bit busy. I did look him up and he has several properties, and the address to send the application was listed as his address. He's answered my calls or when I text, would he ghost at this point? I won't give any money until I sign and he agreed, I was told it's due within 30 days of signing. He's been very kind so far, I don't believe its a scam. I'm just nervous and don't want to keep bothering him by asking especially when we have a while to go until move in.

submitted by /u/Longjumping_Count851
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1ja82zy/havent_received_lease_yet_and_its_been_3_weeks/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...