Skip to main content

Delhi District Commission Orders Shree Vardhman Developers To Refund Amount Paid By Homebuyer.

Very newly a judgment was given by the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission directed Shree Vardhman Developers Pvt. Ltd to refund 48 Lakhs with interest to homebuyer for delayed possession and deficiency in service.

In this case, the complainant allotted a flat in the builder's project named Shree Vardhman Gardenia, Haryana and paid initial amount of Rs. 1,00,000.

The homebuyer takes a loan of Rs 41,48,001 for the purchase from ICICI Bank. The bank directly credited Rs 38,68,001 to the account of the builder.

He had signed a Flat Buyer's Agreement with the builder. As per the agreement, he was to bear the EMI payments of the loan till the date of possession was given to the homebuyer.

However, this quickly became frustrating when builder stopped paying EMI to the bank due to which financial stress was inflicted upon the homebuyer. This issue is attempted to be solved in many ways. Homebuyer has sent numerous letters to both the bank and the builder. All of his letters were ignored.

In addition, upon visiting the project site, it was discovered that construction was behind schedule. Consequently, the complainant opted to withdraw his step back from the project and demanded a refund of the amount paid.

Feeling aggrieved by the non-refund it lodged a complaint application before the CDRC, South Delhi seeking a refund of Rs. 46,38,001 along with 18% interest and Rs. 5,00,000 towards mental torture, Rs. 5,00,000, toward harassment through unfair trade practices and Rs. 1,00,000 toward litigation cost.

The commission noted that even after paying a considerable amount of consideration, the homebuyer neither obtained possession of the flat nor the amount refund made after withdrawal from the project.

Commission held that no one can be kept waiting for an extended period for possession of the flat allotted to him and he is granted the right to seek a refund of the amount paid by him with compensation.

Therefore, the Commission ordered that the amount of Rs. 46,88,001 together with an interest of 9% from the date of the last deposit be paid back within a period of 30 days. The Commission also directed the builder to pay Rs. 10,000 to the homebuyer for the mental and physical inconvenience caused.

Published by Voxya as an initiative to help consumers in resolving consumer complaints.

submitted by /u/Voxyacomplaintforum
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1gmfwrx/delhi_district_commission_orders_shree_vardhman/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...