Skip to main content

New house has multiple cats and air fresheners

I’ve had horrible experiences with our own cat before she had to go live somewhere else. Her accidents caused us over ten grand worth of damage as we had to replace the carpet, waterproof vinyl planks and sub floor and even some baseboards. I know this was an extreme case but it left me terrified of cat urine damage and the smell.

We found the perfect home. It marks every single check box but they have multiple cats and both viewings they had every window open and many air fresheners.

Could they just be wanting to cover up the cat smell and litter in general?

We put an offer down and they’re going to accept. I plan to request the leave the windows shut and don’t have any scents going during the inspection and being present to look for any real damage.

Is there anything else I can do to check for cat urine or permanent cat damage that won’t leave with them once they move the animals out? We will also be requesting a deep clean and professional carpet clean. I’m trying to balance protecting myself and not letting past experiences taint this one haha.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/yourmomhahahah3578
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1byt42z/new_house_has_multiple_cats_and_air_fresheners/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...