I bought my home in 2020 for around 660k in a really great location with one of the best school districts in Southern California. We’ve put nearly 100k into the home in updating it ie kitchen, bathrooms, hvac, new roof, tons of other upgrades. I have the opportunity to sell the home after two years and live with my parents paying a small amount of rent while I finish up my degree and my wife works on her masters. I could leave my job and live off my GI bill for school. A realtor we had over wants to list our home at 1.1 million based on comps and location. On one hand we think it’s a great opportunity to save and be ready to buy once housing gets a little less crazy on top of some other pros such as having the support of family with our two kids under 4. On the other hand, we don’t know if the amount we would make would be worth losing our low interest rate, privacy/ plot of land, as well as being so close to family lol. What are your guys’ thoughts on this?
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/vehd39/thoughts_on_my_plan_ca/
Comments
Post a Comment