Skip to main content

Cold Market With the Holiday?

Just wondering from some agents. With the Fourth of July being Saturday, would the market cool a bit from the weekend before until after the holiday because of the short week? I’m asking because we are listing in a hot market. DOM has been about 6 days before an acceptance of an offer. We listed on Wednesday and have had one showing and an open house on Saturday with a single visitor. Would the fact that someone could go away on vacation from this past Friday until next Monday on four days vacation cool the market a bit? Should we hang onto our price for a week after the holiday to see what happens? Our realtor is pushing for a $10,000 price reduction already, which puts us at the neighbors price they just sold at. Their finished footage is 350 feet more, but we have an 800 sq foot basement that’s unfinished giving us 500 sq foot more total space. Another in the neighborhood accepted an offer $80,000 over our list for 100 sq ft more finished with an unfinished basement. The higher sale is our same home with 100 sq ft above grade increase and maybe 200 sq ft total space additional. Thanks!

submitted by /u/fitzpats9980
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/hhs0ym/cold_market_with_the_holiday/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...