Skip to main content

Check my logic: Factoring in the cost of garage parking

Hey!

I am currently considering two homes in a large/densely populated city. Home #1 is considerably cheaper but does not have a garage. It can be tough finding street parking so I may have to pay monthly in a local garage which costs 280$/mo. Home #2 is about 100K more expensive, but is in a much "nicer" part of town and also has an attached garage.

If you work out the math, 280$ monthly works out to a 30 year mortgage 100.8K (280 x 12 x 30). So not having to pay for parking can help me afford a home 100K more expensive. I'm leaning toward going for Home #2.

Is my logic flawed??? Your thoughts/criticisms would be appreciated.

​

Thanks!

submitted by /u/idiotwithagum
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/db54tq/check_my_logic_factoring_in_the_cost_of_garage/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...