Skip to main content

To Buy? And Where?

Hi! So I’m trying to figure out what my best bet is — so lemme lay out the facts:

  • Me: 26, currently renting in HCOL area (Boston)
  • Never owned any sort of property, but thinking about wanting to do that soon
  • My options: buy something here in an up and coming neighborhood for around $400k OR buy something much cheaper in my hometown of Atlanta
  • Issues: I don’t have 20% to buy a place here in Boston (like very far away from that...), so would need to purchase something at around 3% down. Though Atlanta is more affordable, it would be an investment property since I don’t live in Atlanta (my whole family is down there, so one of them could move in and help with maintenance). So I would also need to scrape together the 20% there (which at a lower COL would be easier, but non-trivial).

MY QUESTION: Should I try to buy a place for me to live in here in Boston, or continue to save and buy an investment place in Atlanta?

submitted by /u/SonataHymnHot
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/cwjk60/to_buy_and_where/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...