Skip to main content

MLS Listing Not Truthful

Hello! Recently, y'all were helpful when I was in the early planning stages. Well now I have a great buyer's agent and have a lender (jury is still out on the lender).

I found a house with a lot of things I love and a few things that scare me (specifically: it's very old BUT the sellers redid the kitchen and main bathroom). One of the selling points was the driveway, which is advertised on the MLS listing. Specifically, it has "paved driveway" as one of the amenities and under offstreet parking, it lists 3 spots.

My agent learned from the seller's agent that the neighbor actually owns the land that the driveway is on. The sellers attempted to buy the land a few years back but losing the square footage would cost the neighbor her zoning. There has been a verbal agreement that the sellers had sole access to the driveway.

What options would I have if I choose to purchase this home? Here's what I've been exploring: 1. Obtain an easement (sellers are unwilling to help obtain this) 2. Negotiate a lower rate because building a legal driveway would be messy + the MLS does have misleading information 3. Walk away and keep looking elsewhere

Any advice is appreciated, especially from people familiar with weird property line situations.

submitted by /u/WafflesTheBadger
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/cwdiqu/mls_listing_not_truthful/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...