My husband and I recently inherited my mothers home. We need to buy my brother out of his share of the house, so we hired a home appraiser. The woman has been rather flippant, and after a month of waiting for her, she said she gave it to our lawyer two weeks ago.
This bothers me for a few reasons, the lawyer had nothing to do with this, the will had already been through probate, but also she never gave us any information or even told us it was completed. I emailed her this evening asking for more information and she just said “the real estate value of your home is x”. Because I’m not familiar with any of this, should we actually be getting a report? What should it list? I paid this woman $400, and for that I was hoping I would be getting slightly more than a one sentence email.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/cj5kks/home_appraisal_question/
Comments
Post a Comment