I don't want to dox myself so I don't want to post a link, but we've been on the market for ~2 weeks and only had 4 showings, with about 10 people showing up to the open house last weekend.
All of the feedback has been great, the pictures are amazing, it has a good drone video with like 15k views on Facebook with people in the comments gushing over it, which I consider pretty good when our town only has a population of ~8k, maybe ~15k people live within 10 miles of the house. It has like 130 zillow saves while the average house in 2 weeks around here has like 10.
Like the house is stunning, it sucked our family in with remote work, for the money you'd be happy to find it basically anywhere in the US. We just want to move next door to some friends with mountain bike trails, nothing personal against this house other than proximity to our friends.
The house is 2x the very low median income price of a house, but the size is 2-3x the median. It also has some nice amenities like a large driveway, pool/spa, over an acre while on the border of town, no visible neighbors.
The issues with the house to people that have come are is huge and old. It being old doesn't really impact me day to day currently, just stuff like a stone foundation basement. Everyone that has gave the realtor feedback is that the price is fair, its just "too much" for them when they consider utilities and maintenance/cleaning.
A much newer house in a "better" part of town that is less than 1/2 the size when under contract in 1 week while being 80% of the price, so there are people that can afford it, just not a ton. Know that if the price was in a metropolitan area like it wouldn't buy a condo in MCOL cities these days.
I guess I'm looking for ideas from other people in rural areas. Do I just need to wait? My realtor says to just wait that someone will come along, but I'm ready to move on with my life. Does dropping the price 10% actually have any meaningful impact in a rural area where there aren't many showing anyway?
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1vkj0zm/selling_the_top_of_the_market_in_a_rural_area/
Comments
Post a Comment