Skip to main content

Maison 78 Review in NYC - June 2025

I am writing this review to give others a real update on this property.

Pros: This is a brand new building that is beautiful and has great views from almost all sides. Courteous staff and great appliances inside the apartment with a lot of amenities like a garage, shared work space, nice gym, dog area and Lennox hill which has a ton restaurants.

Cons: (A lot of them) - For this price the apartment is nice but not the street it is on. Since there are a lot of restaurants the trash is rampant ,i mean all over the place on 78th street between 1st and 2nd.

  • Rats are everywhere when you walk up 78th from 1st to 2nd due to the trash (bad smell too)

  • Amenities- They claim they will be done in June (they said this May), they wont be done until September or maybe even November they have a ton of work to do. (This includes all amenities other than the Gym which is done but nothing else looks even remotely close to being done)

  • No Keys - You have to use a fob to open the doors

  • Elevator - due to all the construction they only have one elevator for the entire building that you have to cal the front desk to use, very inconvenient.

  • It's a lottery building for rent control and tax savings so while you are paying full price price others got to get in using this lottery for rent control and PAYING 1/3 of what they are asking for in price now.

TLDR: Nice building but trash, rats and smell is pretty bad for the price you are paying and the lack of amenities and all the construction. I will be looking to move in a year when my lease comes up, if I would have known this I would not have rented here at this price point.

submitted by /u/Clear-Boysenberry-80
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1lgt4rf/maison_78_review_in_nyc_june_2025/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...