Skip to main content

Zillow's rent estimate too low

I just had my house (it's a townhouse but the management is a condo, very dysfunctional HOA. They should have changed to a townhouse over 10 years ago!) listed on Zillow. To my surprise, even the house price is $215k, the rent estimate is only $900 something.

I had rented out this house for 3 years, the price started from $1200 to $1300, and the Zillow rent estimate was always slightly higher than that. Now, I finally decided to sell the house, but the rent estimate suddenly (at the time my house was on the market) dropped to under 1k.

I wonder if anyone knows the reason for this. Are there any ways my agent or I can do to change it? Since the potential buyers might be investors, this rent estimate would certainly stop them from buying it, I believe.

Thanks for any advice!

submitted by /u/Optimal_Actuator_123
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1ecn2e7/zillows_rent_estimate_too_low/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...