Skip to main content

Are real estate commissions negotiable?

I recently started looking into buying a house and stumbled upon a question that’s been bugging me: Are real estate commissions negotiable? Like, I get that buying a house involves a whole bunch of fees and stuff, but can I actually haggle with the realtor on their cut?

I mean, I get it, they’re putting in work to help me find the perfect home and all, but it’s not like I’m swimming in cash here. Every dollar saved counts, you know?

I’ve heard some people say they managed to negotiate a lower commission rate, but I’m not sure if that’s just a rare stroke of luck or if it’s something that’s actually doable. Plus, I’m not exactly a pro negotiator myself.

So, fellow house hunters and homeowners, spill the beans: Have any of you successfully negotiated your real estate commission? How did you go about it? And for those who tried but failed, any tips on what not to do?

I’m all ears (well, eyes, technically) and eager to hear your experiences and advice on this! Let’s crack this commission negotiation mystery together.

submitted by /u/Respect-Flaky760
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1cgls6o/are_real_estate_commissions_negotiable/

Comments

  1. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read. Thank you for taking time to know more about in this subjectWe Buy Houses Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...