Skip to main content

Fridge failure a week before closing

tl;dr: new fridge is dead the week of closing. How to address as buyer without delaying things?

Hey everyone! We’re under contract to purchase a home (closing is at the end of this week) and the sellers called our agent to let them know that the fridge is dead. It was upgraded this summer (mid-high end, probably 4k new) and is under warranty. But, given the holidays, there is no chance of getting someone to look at it for a few weeks at the earliest.

The sellers seem pretty reasonable (family moving unexpectedly for work after ~10 years in the home) and the house has a small basement fridge we can use temporarily while getting this one repaired or replaced. We have both an agent and real estate attorney, but what would folks here ask for in order to make sure there we don’t get stuck with the repair or replacement costs? Thanks!

submitted by /u/youkidsareweird
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/17zl1mn/fridge_failure_a_week_before_closing/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...