Skip to main content

Best approach with realtor who has serious health diagnosis.

After a long vetting process, settled on wonderful local realtor. (I am in a relatively small community with low inventory/high demand. She is part of a large, well-respected agency.)

Hadn't signed agreement yet, and after unusual (for her) delay in responding to a question, she explained she had a very serious health diagnosis that had caused her to be offline for a week.

It has been several months (as I am still trying to get house ready) and I am wondering how realtors would advise addressing with her -whether in conversation or contract? I can see that treatments (if cancer) could deplete her for weeks at a time.

I know she has taken on new listings and I know that no realtor would want to admit their limitations in such a situation. She does not have an assistant. I have already communicated that her health is what is most important. But, I have to be realistic about my interests when it comes to a 1.3 mill. listing. TIA.

Edit: Thank you for the comments. They reveal to me the real ? is - the details. Anotherwords: "can you handle the x, y,z" or "if you can't handle x,y,z, what will you do". But the definition of can you handle and the need to define x,y,z (as the seller who would have to define all those pieces of the puzzle) is daunting. I guess the other option is- "at what point would your health cause you to feel the need to refer me to a colleague?" Thank you for help with realization. Sigh.

submitted by /u/Busy-Ad-2563
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1r8yskk/best_approach_with_realtor_who_has_serious_health/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...