Skip to main content

Distressed Property Question

In October 2023 bought a home built in 1993 on three acres southeast of Springfield, MO purchase price was $240k and put 5% down. Two months later insurance cancelled due to age of roof they said they sent inspector out and it didn’t pass. Took out loan on paid off car to pay for roof as after moving and buying home was cash poor.

2023 Tax bill came and withholding at my new job was wrong so got behind on mortgage was federal employee so taxes had to be paid first. Work out deferral and all is good. Then as federal employee with little tenure was encouraged to find other employment did so and took pay cut. In the meantime car repair for $3,000 and AC broke on house. There are many issues that weren’t on original disclosure I will be more honest than lat person. I owe $228k due to deferral.

Here is my question I am listing home if I can’t pay rent in new place and payment which frankly is not likely what are odds of short sale acceptance if I am responsive and proactive. Also, if goes to foreclosure and bank is short what are chances of wage garnishment.

Sorry so long of a post. I comsider myself blessed to have found work as most likely I would be first out at government job due to federal cuts. I just really don’t want wage garnishment.

submitted by /u/Fail_whale2010
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1km8ywi/distressed_property_question/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...