Skip to main content

Should we buy?

Hi everyone. So a little backgroud here, 35 M, physician. Income 300. (Opportunities to do a lot of overtime but not counting it into this). Wifey is also getting into residency (so will be in the 70’s range for 3-5 year depends on whether she wants do fellowship or not). So for now the total house hold income is 380 with a significant increases after 5 years. We also have a 18 m old baby, who will need nanny.

So we have 2 options

  1. We really like the house. It’s a townhouse 4 bed. 2.5 bath, No HOA with beautiful backyard that is fenced in, finished basement w 2 parking garage, excellent public school. 10 minutes walk to the grocery store (big deal since my parents will be living with us from time to time and they can’t drive.). The entire neighborhood is in pristine condition even though there is no HoA to enforce it. This house is priced at 800k. It’s basically almost a single family home but w attached walls. I can see this will be my forever home unless we need to change jobs plus the location is closer to highways and pretty much 30 minute to all major surrounding good spots. Mortgage including tax is closer to 5400

  2. Closer to my workplace, 10 min drive. 3 bedroom 2.5 bath small ranch house, single family home priced at 550k. Poor schooling district. One thing for sure is, if we end up buying this, it will be a temporary 3-5 year thing after which we will definitely move, might use it as a rental or sell it at that point Mortgage will be around 3650.

I always wanted to start with a smaller home and eventually use that as a future income generating property however the starter home prices have increased significantly since covid and between a small temporary 550 k purchase vs a long time 800 k purchase, the latter looks more sense.

So what would you do if you were in my situation?

submitted by /u/FewSuspect739
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1jbrz25/should_we_buy/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...